I think one thing that can sometimes make the kink community a little intimidating is that is seems there’s a lot of people who seem to center their entire lives around it. Absolutely nothing wrong with that if that is what makes them happy. But I imagine for most of us, it’s just not possible.
I love kink. But really, it’s not what defines my life. If I had to break my waking time down, I’d estimate:
- 15% is spent on blog related work (creating posts, browsing pics, answering emails, twittering, etc.)
- 30% is spent on my work/day job
- 30% is spent with my BF
- 15% is spent pursuing my non-kinky hobbies
- 5% is spent just relaxing/vegging out/”me” time
- 5% is spent with friends/family
So, really… kinky stuff only defines about 15% of my life. That’s 85% of my life dedicated to other things. Okay, some things with the BF are kinky, but perhaps surprisingly, not as much as you may expect.